United States Casino Stats
United States Gambling Law
The words "gamble" and "gambling" are generally an activity that may run afoul of applicable criminal laws a gaming activity could convert to a gambling where applicable laws regulating that particular gaming are violated. Similarly, a gambling activity may turn out to be gaming if it is exempted from a given criminal statute.
There are different mode of gambling such as online poker, online casinos, online sports betting, online bingo, mobile gambling.
Some states have specific laws against online gambling of any kind. Also, owning an online gaming operation without proper licensing would be illegal, and no states are currently granting online gaming licenses. There are different laws in gambling, there are some gambling laws as follows:
The Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006 (the "Act") enacted into law October 13, 2006. The Act adds the following provisions to the money and finance provisions of Title 31 of the United States Code:
SUBCHAPTER IV - prohibition on funding of unlawful internet gambling
5361. Congressional findings and purpose
5363. Prohibition on acceptance of any financial instrument for unlawful Internet gambling
5364. Policies and procedures to identify and prevent restricted transactions
5365. Civil remedies
5366. Criminal penalties
5367. Circumventions prohibited
Anti-Lottery Laws Prohibit Use of Mail to Promote Lotteries: this law strictly prohibits the mailing or transportation in interstate or foreign commerce of promotions for lotteries or the sending of lottery tickets themselves
U.S. Gambling Ships: The term “gambling ship” refers a vessel which is used for the operation one or more gambling establishment, simultaneously.
Gambling ships: It shall be unlawful for any citizen or resident of the United States, or any other person who is on an American vessel or is otherwise under or within the jurisdiction of the United States, directly or indirectly—
(1) to set up, operate, or own or hold any interest in any gambling ship or any gambling establishment on any gambling ship; or
(2) in pursuance of the operation of any gambling establishment on any gambling ship, to conduct or deal any gambling game, or to conduct or operate any gambling device, or to induce, entice, solicit, or permit any person to bet or play at any such establishment
Phone and Internet Use as Basis for Wire Act Violations: the most important law which has a great effect on gambling business.
In the past few years the Department of Justice and class action lawyers opposed to online gambling interests have an as-yet nearly perfect batting record against the pitching thrown by the online gambling industry and its lawyers.
For specific state by state gambling laws "in-depth" please visit Chuck Humphrey's website and Professor I. Nelson Rose's website. Both are excellent resources on U.S. gambling law.
United States Gambling
- United States Casinos
- United States Casino Photos
- United States Casino News
- United States Casino Map
- United States Hotels
- United States Casino Dining
- United States Casino Forum
- United States Casino Owners
- United States Lottery Results
- United States Gambling History
- United States Poker
- United States Home Poker
- United States Parimutuel
- United States Greyhounds
- United States Horse Racing
- United States Sportsbooks
- United States Bingo
- United States Gambling Law
- United States Casino Jobs